Pesan Produk Sekarang

Taming Tangles

The longer my hair gets, the more and more it gets tangled!  It drives me crazy sometimes!  I'm sure a lot of you know exactly what I'm talking about, so I put together this list of tips for managing tangled hair.  The more you can do to prevent tangles from happening even before you start brushing it, the better.  

TIP #1 - Brush your hair BEFORE you wash it.  This will help a lot when it comes time to brush your hair again after you wash it.  Wet hair is hard enough to comb out as it is.  Save yourself some work by brushing your hair before you wash it.  

TIP #2 - Comb it in the shower while the conditioner is still  in it.  I wash my hair first, right when I get in the shower, then condition it so the conditioner can have some time to sit on my hair and soak in.  After 5 minutes or so I'll take a wide tooth pick and comb through it, afterwards rinsing out the conditioner. 

TIP #3 - Try a deep conditioning mask.  When all else fails, sometimes your hair just needs a little extra love with a hair mask.  I use a deep conditioner about twice a week, especially during the winter.  Some of my favorites are Pureology HydraCure,  S Factor Serious Conditioner, and Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask.




TIP #4 - Always start combing at the ends, not the roots.  We've all heard this before, but it still rings true.  Start at the roots will only condense your tangles at the ends, making them harder to comb out.

TIP #5 - Try drying it a little before you start combing it.  This trick doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try if your hair seems impossible to comb out when it's sopping wet.  I use this trick on a few of my clients.  Try drying it about 25% dry, then combing it out.  

TIP #6 - Use a pick, not a brush.  Fun fact - When your hair is wet, it can stretch.  Using a brush on wet hair can stretch out the hair shaft, compromising it's integrity and making it more fragile and likely to break.  Using a pick is much more gentle and creates little tension on the hair, helping to prevent breakage.  

TIP #8 - Get it trimmed.   A lot of tangles are caused by split ends.  Get it trimmed regularly to help tame tangles.  

TIP #9 - Use a styling lotion or a leave-in conditioner.   A good leave-in conditioner can make all the difference when it comes to tangles!  My two absolute favorites are It's A Ten Miracle Leave-In Spray and Matrix Miracle Treat Lotion Spray.  

Koleksi Produk Lainnya :

 
Copyright © 2014. BukaBaju Template - Design: Gusti Adnyana