Pesan Produk Sekarang

Healthy Hair Routine


I've had a lot of requests for a post about my own hair routine, how I keep my hair healthy and shiny.  There are no magic tricks in my routine, just basic steps that help keep my hair in good condition.  

CLEANSING
1.  I wash my hair about every 3 days.  Not everyone can get away with going that long, but if you can, do it!  Washing your hair too much will strip your hair of its natural oils.  On my in between days I get by with dry shampoo.  Currently I am using the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo.
2.  I switch up my shampoo and conditioner often, but I always use professional products.  Some of my favorites are Sleek Look by Matrix and Hydrate by Pureology.
3.  Two or three times a week I use a hair mask on my hair before I get out of the shower.  Two of my favorites are the Pureology hydrating mask and S Factor Serious Conditioner.  

STYLING
1.  Before I blow dry, I apply a root pump such as Big Sexy Hair Root Pump, and a styling lotion, leave in conditioner or serum like Unite Laser Straight, Unite Seven Seconds or Moroccan Oil.  I apply this mostly to the ends to avoid weighing down the roots.
2.  I try to avoid putting heat on my hair as much as possible.  I rarely ever flat iron my hair two days in a row, and I only blow dry every 3 days.  I wear its natural texture a lot.  The more you can avoid putting heat on it, especially on the ends, the better.
3.  A huge part of keeping my hair healthy is using nice styling tools.  Cheap blow dryers and flat irons can get too hot and be really damaging for your hair.  Nicer tools help prevent damage.  I use the GHD Classic Styler flat iron and the Salon Tech 2800 Feather Light blow dryer.  I LOVE that blow dyer!  

UPKEEP
1.  A HUGE part of keeping my hair healthy is just leaving it ALONE.  I never do drastic color changes to my hair.  Light to dark to light to dark is SO damaging.  I normally keep my hair within 1-2 shades of it's natural color, and if I'm going to do something more drastic, I do it gradually over several weeks.  The best way to get your hair to grow is to just leave it a lone for a while - give it a break from styling and from dramatic color changes.
2.  I get my hair trimmed about every 8 weeks.  

COLOR
I also get asked a lot what colors to achieve my hair color.  I use Matrix Color Sync 8A on the roots with blonde high lights throughout. 

Koleksi Produk Lainnya :

 
Copyright © 2014. BukaBaju Template - Design: Gusti Adnyana