1. Decide how big of a section you want for your twist braid, then clip everything else aside for later.
2. Backcomb the entire section.
3. After it's backcombed use the comb to smooth down the top layer so it doesn't look ratted.
4. Start by taking a thin section (about 1/4 inch) off of your part and splitting it in half.
5. Twist the front half over the back half, so the back half is now in front.
6. Take another thin section (just like the first one) and add it to the front piece.
7. Now just repeat the last two steps for the remainder of the twist braid - twist the front piece over the back piece, add a new thin section of hair to the front piece, twist it over the back piece, etc.
8. Secure it by putting bobby pins up and inwards in the end of the braid.