Pesan Produk Sekarang

A Thought About My Job

As most of you know, I work full time as a hair stylist and make-up artist.  
The truth is, I love my job.  I love it a lot, abnormally a lot.  
I've thought about it many times, why do I love my job so much?  What is it about doing hair and make-up that makes me SO happy?!  It just seems weird that some one could love doing hair so much, it's not like I'm saving lives or anything here! 
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to do hair and make-up for a photographer/friend Camilla Binks for her family pictures.  Camilla offers a photography package called a Play Session, and basically it's a session all about playing dress up for no reason at all, just because you want to.  Hair, make-up, styling, and pictures solely for the purpose of making you look FABULOUS.  
While doing Camilla's hair, I asked her about how she came up with this idea of a Play Session, and her answer described exactly why I love my job so much.  
 She said -

"When I was growing up,  I'd always look at the models and celebrities in magazines and think why don't I look like them?  Why do we have to look at pictures of beautiful people every day and feel bad that we don't look like them?  If we have to look at celebrities in magazines our whole lives who have been styled, airbrushed, photoshopped, pinned, tucked and turned so they look unbelievably good, 
then we deserve to feel and look like that for once too.   
I created the Play Session to help people feel beautiful, because they are!"  

Now, Camilla is GORGEOUS, so you would never think that she would compare herself to celebrities like everyone else does.  But it's true, we all want to feel beautiful and we all deserve to.  

That's the answer to why I love my job so much, because everyone deserves to feel beautiful, and I get to be a part of that process every day.   Who doesn't want to feel like a total babe?  I love that I can help some one else feel that way, and feel better about themselves.  That's what makes my job so rewarding.
:)

Koleksi Produk Lainnya :

 
Copyright © 2014. BukaBaju Template - Design: Gusti Adnyana